Call for applications for Erasmus+ student mobility for studies
The CHARM-EU Joint Virtual Administrative Office (JVAO) announces a call for applications for Erasmus+ student mobility for study purposes in Phase 3 of the Master's in Global Challenges for Sustainability.
What is Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Studies?
Student Mobility for Studies comprises a specified period where students leave their sending institution and undertake a study period at a receiving institution.
Grant Support for The Mobility of Students
Students receive an individual support grant as a contribution to their additional costs for travel and subsistence related to their period of study at the receiving institution. The monthly amounts will be defined by the National Agencies in agreement with National Authorities, and/or the higher education institutions on the basis of objective and transparent criteria. The exact amounts are available from the JVAO.
Who Can Apply?
Only full-time students enrolled in the Master's in Global Challenges for Sustainability offered by CHARM-EU are eligible to apply for Erasmus student mobility for studies in this call.
Students returning to their Phase 1 institution for their Phase 3 shall NOT apply in the framework of this Call!
Erasmus+ Inclusion Support
Students with fewer opportunities may receive a top-up amount to the individual support of their Erasmus+ grant. The criteria to be applied are defined at national level by the National Agencies in agreement with National Authorities.
Additional funding is available for participants with physical, mental or health-related conditions via the Erasmus+ special needs support. Students with disabilities are provided with up to 100% additional funding to cover their special needs costs, including the expenses of an accompanying person.
For further details, you may contact the JVAO.
When is the Deadline for the Grant Application?
The deadline for applications to be submitted through the official CHARM-EU Erasmus+ Application Form is 12.00 on 27th of June 2022.
When Can I Undertake my Mobility?
This is a call for application to Erasmus Student Mobility for Studies lasting the full duration of Phase 3 of the CHARM-EU Master's in Global Challenges for Sustainability. The planned start date for these mobilities is 3 September 2022 and the planned end date is 5 February 2023, covering a 5 months period.
For those who will also be benefitting from a non-EU mobility grant (to either Pretoria or Nairobi), the grant available in the framework of this Call will be reduced proportionally for the period spent in the University of Montpellier.
Where Will I Undertake my Mobility?
Students must carry out their physical mobility activity in one of the CHARM-EU alliance members:
- University of Barcelona
- Trinity College Dublin
- Utrecht University
- University of Montpellier
- University of Montpellier / integrated non-EU mobility
- Eötvös Loránd University Budapest
Students applying for a Phase mobility needs to meet the following criteria:
- Having a valid application to one of the Capstone Challenges with a predefined mobility destination approved by the Academic Board
- Having a mobility destination other than that of the Phase 1 institution
- Please note that the institution you started in Phase 1 is your “home university” from an Erasmus+ point of view, thus there is no additional funding when returning there.
- Please note that those students whose Phase 1 institution was the similar where they intend to relocate for Phase 3 cannot apply to this Call, as their application is not complying with the Erasmus+ rules. In case they submit an application, it will be dismissed without any further reasoning.
- Complying with the 12-months rule of the Erasmus+ scheme
- Calculation of the overall grant duration regarding to the sum of previous master studies and current studies conducted at Phase 2 institutions will be cross-checked against the Erasmus+ Grant's maximum 12-month duration. In case of overlapping, the grant will be deducted with the number of days spent as surplus. The mobility period cannot be shorter than 2 months.
Language proficiency criteria do not apply since all CHARM-EU students have obtained a C1 English language level.
Specific Rules Applied to Applicants Undertaking an Integrated non-EU Mobility
In case students are going to participate in a Capstone challenge that contains a mobility period outside the European Union, the CHARM-EU partner institutions will provide students with the following funding options:
- Provided by all partner institutions to those students whose Phase 1 institution is different from the University of Montpellier
- Erasmus+ grant will be provided by the Phase 1 institutions to all who meet all eligibility criteria for the period to be spent at the University of Montpellier.
- Administration will be handled by the Phase 1 institution.
- Phase 3 mobility grant provided in the framework of this Call will be calculated based on the duration of Phase 3 and the non-EU mobility.
- Provided by the University of Montpellier to all non-EU mobile students
- Selected students will have to apply for an additional grant that covers their expenses while undertaking a non-EU mobility.
- Administration of this additional grant will be handled by the University of Montpellier.
Grant Application Process
Students must fill out the following form in which you indicate both your Phase 1 (sending institution) and Phase 3 (receiving institution, as the responsible one for the challenge concerned), the latter being assigned by the Academic Board.
You can find the application form below:
The application will be cross-checked against the eligibility criteria by the JVAO Office. Provided the proposed mobility meets the eligibility criteria then the mobility will be funded.
More Information About the Erasmus+ Programme