Call for offering international online courses
Are you a teacher at a CHARM-EU partner university that can offer online BA/BSc or MA/MSc courses for university students of the Alliance? Submit your course and become part of an international faculty! CHARM-EU welcomes contributions from all disciplines for the Spring & Summer Semester of the 2023/2024 academic year.
CHARM-EU is a European University Alliance, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, between the University of Barcelona (coordinator), Trinity College Dublin, Utrecht University, the University of Montpellier, Eötvös Loránd University Budapest, Åbo Akademi University, Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg, Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences and the University of Bergen. At CHARM-EU we work together to design and create a new university model to become a world example of good practice to increase the quality, international competitiveness, and attractiveness of the European Higher Education landscape. CHARM-EU represents a Challenge-Driven, Accessible, Research-based and Mobile model for the co-creation of a European University aligned with the European Values, the European Green Deal and the sustainable development goals (SDGs). CHARM-EU employs innovative pedagogical approaches and mechanisms to engage staff and students of diverse backgrounds and disciplines to facilitate, foster and enhance the links between education, research, and innovation. Active engagement with CHARM-EU’s extended network of academic experts and extra-academic actors increases the potential development and employability of our graduates.
Durig the next academic year, CHARM-EU Universities will provide access to a certain set of their on-line courses for the students at the partner universities to facilitate virtual exchange activities. This way, students will get first-hand transnational experience without physical mobility. The credits of the online courses will be recognised.
Example: Martin is studying for his Bachelors in Business Studies at Utrecht University. As part of his studies, he identifies an online course on Critical Thinking Skills in the CHARM-EU Virtual Exchange catalogue offered by a lecturer at Eötvös Loránd University. He applies for the course and completes it virtually. He then received a transcript of records for 3 ECTS credits that will be accepted by his university.
If you are ready for an international university challenge, interested in becoming a member of an international faculty, then submit your course now.
Your course should correspont to the following criteria:
- accredited as a core or as an elective course in a BA or MA programme at your university (students gain credits from the course)
- delivered in English (for the extended version / next academic year languages of the partners will be also included)
- course materials are available online in an LMS (Moodle, Teams, Canvas)
- either fully online (all students are online) or hybrid (regular students are offline, virtual exchange students are online at the same time)
- is delivered either synchronously or asynchronously
- interactive (seminars are preferred to lectures, where students have an opportunity to interact with the course materials, the instructor, and the other students in the class, for example during international group projects, Moodle forums or breakout rooms)
- in any study field (courses applying the CHARM pedagogical principles)
- certain study fields might get priority, these include courses related to: Sustainability and Climate Change; Transversal skills; Technology and STEM; Entrepreneurship, innovation, and business; European values, culture, and language
What are the benefits of your participation?
- You can reach a diverse and broader group of students,
- You can expand the impact of your teaching activities in different CHARM-EU partner institutions,
- You can enhance cross-cultural exchanges for your students,
- You can enhance your academic reputation within an established European University Alliance.
You can submit your course by filling in this form: Transnational online learning in CHARM-EU. Please specify the course type, the course schedule, aims, requirements and the LMS platform to be used.
Deadline for submission of your course: 20th of November 2023.
Decision on the courses offered and publication of the course catalogue will be made early December also considering a certain level of balance between the partner universities. Courses will be run in line with the academic calendar and the standard administrative procedures of the host university.
Academics running CHARM-EU transnational online courses will be provided with consultation opportunities and training sessions on the CHARM-EU framework, with a special focus on the pedagogical principles and educational approaches.
JOIN THE CHARM-EU TEAM AND BECOME A MEMBER OF AN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY FACULTY!