The CHARM-EU Master’s in Global Challenges for Sustainability offers a unique international learning opportunity. CHARM-EU students will have the chance to address the pressing need for sustainability in a transdisciplinary and challenge-based environment. This international programme will employ innovative pedagogical approaches and mechanisms to engage staff and students of diverse backgrounds and disciplines to facilitate, foster and enhance the links between education, research and innovation. Furthermore, active engagement with CHARM-EU’s extended network of academic experts and extra-academic actors increases the potential development and employability of our graduates.
Students will be part of the co-creation and innovation process. We expect CHARM-EU students to actively participate in shaping and improving the programme for future editions.
The delivery of the course will incorporate flexible, blended and hybrid formats. The degree is accredited and jointly awarded by the five CHARM-EU partner universities*: University of Barcelona, Trinity College Dublin, Utrecht University, Eötvös Loránd University and University of Montpellier.
Application status: CLOSED!
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2021
Degree Award: Master in Global Challenges for Sustainability (MSc)
Jointly awarded by the five CHARM-EU partner universities: University of Barcelona, Trinity College Dublin, Utrecht University, Eötvös Loránd University and University of Montpellier.
Duration: 18 months
For more practical information, check out our interactive brochure here!
Upon successful completion of the Master’s programme students will be able to:
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills
- Research and evaluate complex societal challenges from different stakeholder and intercultural perspectives
- Assess and integrate different disciplinary and transdisciplinary knowledge and research methodologies
- Demonstrate expertise in the identification and application of the latest technological tools to source, analyse, handle, use and communicate complex bodies of data ethically.
- Acquire expertise and communicate effectively on complex issues
- Formulate an advanced understanding of transdisciplinarity and demonstrate expertise in the facilitative, communicative, reflexive and collaborative skills to support its practice.
- Acquire advanced transversal competencies in problem solving, entrepreneurialism, innovation, digital skills, and a life-long learning disposition.