The CHARM-EU Master’s in Global Challenges for Sustainability offers a unique international learning opportunity. CHARM-EU students will have the chance to address the pressing need for sustainability in a transdisciplinary and challenge-based environment. This international programme will employ innovative pedagogical approaches and mechanisms to engage staff and students of diverse backgrounds and disciplines to facilitate, foster and enhance the links between education, research and innovation. Furthermore, active engagement with CHARM-EU’s extended network of academic experts and extra-academic actors increases the potential development and employability of our graduates.
Students will be part of the co-creation and innovation process.We expect CHARM-EU students to actively participate in shaping and improving the programme for future editions.
The CHARM-EU master's offers a full intercultural experience: students will be attending lectures in one of the 5 CHARM-EU partner’s universities and connect to the other campuses online over the 18-month duration of the Master’s. Mobility is an integrated part of the programme so the course will combine a variety of mobility options: switching campuses from one phase to the other, short mobilities within the phase and virtual mobility.
The delivery of the course will incorporate flexible, blended and hybrid formats. The degree is accredited and jointly awarded by the five CHARM-EU partner universities*: University of Barcelona, Trinity College Dublin, Utrecht University, Eötvös Loránd University and University of Montpellier.
*The Master's programme is accredited in Spain, Ireland and France with the accreditation process nearing completion in The Netherlands and Hungary.
Application status: Closed!
- Deadline for applications: 26 May 2021 at 23:59 CET
- Admissions application status update:
- First round: 30 April 2021*
- Second round: 18 June 2021
Degree Award: Master in Global Challenges for Sustainability (MSc)
Jointly awarded by the five CHARM-EU partner universities: University of Barcelona, Trinity College Dublin, Utrecht University, Eötvös Loránd University and University of Montpellier.
Duration: 18 months
Modalities: Blended and Hybrid
For more practical information, check out our interactive brochure here!
Upon successful completion of the Master’s programme students will be able to:
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills
- Research and evaluate complex societal challenges from different stakeholder and intercultural perspectives
- Assess and integrate different disciplinary and transdisciplinary knowledge and research methodologies
- Demonstrate expertise in the identification and application of the latest technological tools to source, analyse, handle, use and communicate complex bodies of data ethically.
- Acquire expertise and communicate effectively on complex issues
- Formulate an advanced understanding of transdisciplinarity and demonstrate expertise in the facilitative, communicative, reflexive and collaborative skills to support its practice.
- Acquire advanced transversal competencies in problem solving, entrepreneurialism, innovation, digital skills, and a life-long learning disposition.