Tuition fees and other fees (irrespective of the chosen study track) will be the same for all students and will be paid to the University of Barcelona, the coordinator of the CHARM-EU project. The tuition fees for the complete programme are:
*Due to national legislation, students starting phase 1 at Utrecht University will have to pay an additional fee of 209€ in year one and an additional fee for registration in year two (amount to be determined).
We invite you to investigate different grants at the European, regional and national level, including the opportunities available in your institution. Below you will find a list of available grants and scolarships from different countries and institutions:
Europe/ European Union
- Social Inclusion Policies in Higher Education: Evidence from the EU
- Erasmus+ Supplementary Grant:
- Higher Education: Latest update on fees and financial support to students in Europe | EU Commission Press
- National Student Fee and Support Systems in European Higher Education 2020/21 .Published: 2020-12-07
- European Funding Guide
- Ministry/Higher Education Authorities:
- For students living or working in France, or with one of the parents paying taxes in France, or with the status of refugee or subsidiary protected person: CROUS scholarship
- For international students, scholarship are listed here. For more information, get in touch with the Campus France office in your country.
One of CHARM-EU’s core values is inclusive. We strongly believe in the power of diversity. Learning and growing in a diverse environment leads to the personal development and cultural enrichment of all students. We understand that diversity can take many forms, and we are aware of the potential sensitivity of disclosing the nature of the circumstances.
Many structural barriers inequalities persist for students when accessing and participating in higher education. Financial support is strongly correlated with postsecondary completion, and it, even more, applies to underrepresented groups.
The grant aims to minimise barriers that hinder the access and participation of students who meet all the admission requirements and cannot access other grants and scholarships.
However, please bear in mind that in line with the capacity and resources of the CHARM-EU, the grant is limited to 5% of the total students enrolled in the edition of the Master. For that reason, we encourage you to check other grants and opportunities.
There are two grant models: total (tuition fee or mobility cost) or partial.
Once you have been admitted, you will receive information on applying for the CHARM-EU grant.
A step-by-step application process for the CHARM-EU Grant
We want to create an inclusive and human-centred approach according to the core values of CHARM-EU inclusiveness ethos. This application process enables us to understand better the individual’s life circumstances and eligibility for the grant.
1. When considering applying for the CHARM-EU grant, we require you to make sure that you meet the criteria by self-assessing your eligibility circumstances beforehand.
2. Eligibility criteria are: (non-exhaustive list)
- low-income/ low socioeconomic background
- instability of income
- employment circumstances
- geographical location
- Civil/Family circumstances
- health and other social needs
- with children/caring
- Disability/mental health, chronical illnesses
- Immigration status
- Orphan status
- have been displaced within, or beyond, their home country due to conflict or violation of human rights, such as persecution, refugee, an asylum seeker, an individual with long residency in the EU but who is unable to access government support, a stateless individual, undocumented individuals
- Any other hardship or experience of discrimination and emergency can be documented/justified to be eligible.
3. We require a short explanation for any applicant to be considered for the CHARM-EU Grant. We require a short letter, a minimum of half to 1 pager, where applicants explain why they need the CHARM-EU grant.
4. The applicant will be requested to provide justification and relevant documentation in all cases. Please, share any supplementary documentation, i.e. nationally/regionally or locally authorised/official documents (if possible with English translation) or otherwise, that you consider relevant.
5. Disclosure: We understand that diversity can take many forms. We are aware of the potential sensitivity of disclosing the nature of your decision to request grant consideration. We want to assure you that any information you provide to us on this matter will be treated with the utmost confidence. Any information collected or related communications will be stored and managed by the Inclusiveness Team in compliance with GDPR and confidentiality agreements between the applicant and CHARM-EU WP6 Inclusiveness Team.
6. Justification of circumstances: Additionally to document provision, we require applicants to explain their circumstances to the CHARM-EU Inclusiveness Team. We offer you two options, and CHARM-EU CHARM-EU WP6 Inclusiveness Team will contact you to schedule a meeting.
- Short 5-10 minute call either via phone call, any video call or any equivalent tool that is accessible.
- Short 1-2 minute video/audio recording elaborating briefly on why you are eligible for grant points
7. Questions, Queries: Please feel free to share with the CHARM-EU WP6 Inclusiveness Team any questions, comments, or issues on your CHARM-EU application, admission process and grant request. You are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any technical issues with the email@example.com email address, do not hesitate to email Inclusiveness Team Leader Agnes Sarolta Fazekas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Board will review all the applications and will consider the following aspects:
- Academic achievement.
- Personal background and circumstances, as demonstrated by various factors, including the educational experience.
- As demonstrated by extracurricular activities, community service, work experience, interpersonal skills.